This position is an entry-level position designed for individuals interested in a career in human service, special education, and/or applied behavior analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all students’ safety and implement all safety procedures
- Demonstrate principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Active and regular participation at all team meetings.
- Assist with residential duties/chores including laundry, cleaning, dishes, cooking, etc. in conjunction with students’ ADLs and to ensure general maintenance of residential homes
- Schedule and Overnights
- The schedule includes a 3-5 day, 40-hour workweek.
- Remain at the house during the overnight hours, may sleep during designated “sleep hours”. The total number of these hours varies depending on the schedule selected and the needs of the individual team.
- Candidates who have completed an associate’s degree given preference.
- Minimum of high school degree and one year related experience in a care giving or educational environment; hospital, school, day care, special education or autism.
- Strong interest in working with special needs populations, particularly autism.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Ability to pursue a bolting student
- Successful completion of CALM training (non-violent self-defense)
- Including but not limited to: pivoting, knee squats, shuffling front and backwards, carrying people, assisting a person to the floor, stabilizing people in standing, seated, prone and supine positions.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team style environment.
- Applicants must be seeking a full-time position with the flexibility to work evenings, overnights and weekends.
- Applicants must be physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience.
View opportunities here.
Those interested in the fields of Psychology or Education tend to be drawn to:
- Level 1 Teacher – School & Residential Direct Care
- Level 2 Teacher – Teacher for Children with Autism
- ABA Tutor
- Other roles available including: Behavioral Health Technician, Desktop Support Associate, Marketing & Communications Specialist
NECC offers great benefits including supporting your Master’s degree through a variety of programs: https://www.necc.org/work-at-necc/graduate-programs/