Title: Data Analyst and CRM Specialist
Department: Business Development, The Philly POPS
Reports to: Vice President of Brand, Strategy and Business Development Status: Exempt
The Data Analyst and CRM Specialist ensures integrity, hygiene, and daily usability of The Philly POPS customer relationship database (Tessitura) as well as supports robust revenue-generating and stewardship campaigns for all POPS Patrons. Reporting to the VP, the Specialist works across the organizational teams to maintain the viability of backend data structures and support front-end users of the database. The Specialist collaborates in the execution of the Marketing and Communications plans. Attendance and general support for all performances and events is expected.
Database Administration: (35%)
• Works with the senior staff to design and update database policies and procedures to meet business requirements and revenue needs.
• Runs quarterly national change of address (NCOA) updates, manages other data enrichment services and handles global changes in the database in coordination with IT Shared Services.
• Provides proactive and reactive data management support, database account support, and training to all front-end users on staff.
• Monitors database performance, implementing changes, and updates as needed.
• Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity and latitude to best serve the data needs of the POPS.
• Proactively stay up to date with Tessitura database issues, standards, products, and training as required.
• Performs an annual review of constituent data to ensure critical changes and updates are implemented.
Gift Entry, Acknowledgements, and fundraising reporting: (25%)
• Processes gifts according to required protocols and keeps organized, digital records of all gift collateral.
• Acts as the main liaison with Finance, reporting as required and providing a monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliation.
• Produces gift acknowledgments and receipts within 48-hours of gift processing and pledge reminder letters quarterly.
Marketing and Data Analysis Services: (40%)
• Requests, creates, and extracts segmented constituent lists, dynamic and static, promptly for the organization, ensuring the utmost accuracy.
• Financial reporting on trends and revenue.
• Creates monthly Revenue and Patron Milestone performance and projection reports.
• Creates custom Analytics in Tessitura for the senior staff.
• Creates and updates surveys, RSVP forms, and other market research.
• Supports the the implementation of all revenue generating plans and campaigns.
• Manage data flow and reporting for Patron Roadmap plans.
• Research and implement marketing automation tactics.
• Invoice processing and departmental budget reconciliation.
Other duties as assigned.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in Tessitura required; experience with email distribution platforms like WordFly, Mailchimp, or Prospect2 is a plus.
• Knowledge of marketing data trends and analytics.
• Experience promoting the performing arts or other artistic programming.
• Innovation, creativity, time management, and the ability to work independently and with a team.
• Experience communicating through visual design to solve unique needs and excellent verbal communication with colleagues to achieve efficient results.
• Openness to creative direction and a willingness to experiment with different creative approaches.
• Passion for the performing arts and a belief in the importance of arts education and arts access.
• QuickBooks experience a plus, previous financial reporting a plus.
Working conditions/physical demands:
Routine office environment. Employee will be required to perform some essential functions of the job during evening and weekend events.
**To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Jason Ward, Vice President of Brand, Strategy, and Business Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.**