Our client in the New York City area is looking to on-board a financial advisor to their financial planning and wealth management operation by the end of the Second Quarter of the year. They are currently conducting virtual interviewing rounds. The local firm in the NYC area, is currently managing over $4 Billion of investment assets, has delivered over 5,000 financial plans per year and has significant risk management and insurance in force.
The firm has an award winning training program to each the new advisor how to build a practice. They will also sponsor and pay for your the proper licenses and additional education. This is an opportunity supported by a major firm and mentored by a leading local mentor to start a business for yourself.
Please read: This is NOT a 9-5, employee opportunity and the right candidate should be open to learning about the benefits and challenges that comes with self- employment, building a clientele and recurring/passive revenue. If you are looking for a base salaried employee role, this is not the right opportunity.
To provide perspective, the average earnings of an advisor in the firm with 4 years or less of experience is $82,000 with the top quartile advisor being $177,000. Again, this is not base salary, yet earnings from running a practice on their supported platform which is backed by a fortune 500 financial institution.
- Work with clients to help them identify their financial goals and collaborate to build a dynamic and comprehensive plan
- Network and build relationships to grow practice
- Assess clients’ assets, liabilities and overall financial conditions
- Depending on the client’s life stage the components of planning would involve: savings strategies, investment management, insurance planning, retirement planning, education funding, business planning and estate work.
- Prepare and educate clients on customized planning presentations
- Conduct semi-annual reviews to ensure client’s plans are staying on track
- Continuous learning and development platforms to teach both financial planning/wealth management philosophies and client acquisition/practice building skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Prior financial planning experience is a plus, but not required
- Entrepreneurial minded professional interested in building a practice
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Being “coachable” to learn the systems necessary until your practice is off the ground
- Ability to build rapport with clients and demonstrate emotional intelligence
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $82,414.00 /year