Summary: For training purpose. Masters and Ph.D. preferred. Students may receive course credit for the internship, and/or staff will work with the school/advisor on achieving desired learning outcomes and completing all necessary paperwork.
Overview: The Sports Analytics team builds statistical forecasting models that help provide liquidity for the sports betting industry. These predictive models are vital to creating new trading strategies and informing decision-makers about the distribution of game events. By joining our Sports Analytics team, you will be part of a group that is passionate about mathematics, gaming, and technology.
In this role, you will
- Immerse yourself in sports analytics research
- Empirically test ideas using real industry data
- Write programs to implement models and simulate outcomes
- Discuss and collaborate with fellow researchers, and technologists
What we’re looking for
- Master, PhD students or postdoctoral researchers in a quantitatively-driven field
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills and excellent logical reasoning
- Exceptional communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood
- Strong, practical computer programming skills
- Demonstrated experience working on sports analytics projects
- Understanding of US Sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) and world sports (soccer, tennis, golf, cricket)
- Intermittent international travel may be required