Are you a skilled and creative nurse who wants to be part of a dynamic team? Are you interested in combining your medical expertise and interest in psychiatry? Do you believe in helping children and families affected by trauma build resiliency and find stability and success at home, school and in the community? Join our Alison Gill Lodge residential treatment facility team!
The Nurse will be responsible for providing physical assessments, first aid and medical administration to the adolescents of Alison Gill Lodge. With respect to adolescents in residential treatment, the nurse will provide initial nursing assessment, reconcile medication upon admission, document medical notes as needed and provide discharge teaching and summary. This position will require extensive mandatory trainings in CPR/First Aid, DCF Medication Certification, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Risking Connections, and CARES.
- Client oversight Nursing Care.
- Provide initial nursing assessment.
- Document medical notes as needed.
- Provide discharge teaching and summary.
- Monitor for efficacy and side effects of medications.
- Develop nursing care plans for adolescents with medical needs.
- Participate in multidisciplinary pre-admission client screens and interviews as needed.
- Collaborate with psychiatrists to coordinate the psychiatric care of clients throughout their treatment course.
- Provide first aid.
- Review and update medical policy annually.
- Monitor medical and dental health parameters of clients and collaborate with health care providers in the community.
- Maintain the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Maintain medication cart and emergency medication supplies.
- Prepare monthly medication administration supervision reports.
- Assist psychiatrists with communication and coordination with parents/guardians, school, pharmacies and health care providers.
- Consult to clinical staff and guardians regarding medication and health issues.
- Provide cross-coverage nursing responsibilities if needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Monitor and/or provide staff CPR certification and re-certification if needed.
- Provide DCF medication training, renewal, and monthly supervision for medication certified staff if needed.
- Provide in-service education to staff.