Are you a skilled and creative nurse who wants to be part of a dynamic team? Are you interested in combining your medical expertise and interest in psychiatry? Do you believe in helping children and families affected by trauma build resiliency and find stability and success at home, school and in the community? Join our Eagle House psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) team!
Recent Nursing Graduates are encouraged apply! Base pay of $32 per hour and a shift differential if applicable.
The Nurse will be responsible for providing physical assessments, first aid and medical administration to the children of Eagle House. With respect to children in residential treatment, the nurse will provide initial nursing assessment, reconcile medication upon admission, document medical notes as needed and provide discharge teaching and summary.
Client oversight Nursing Care.
- Provide initial nursing assessment.
- Document medical notes as needed.
- Provide discharge teaching and summary.
- Monitor for efficacy and side effects of medications.
- Develop nursing care plans for children with medical needs.
- Participate in multidisciplinary pre-admission client screens and interviews as needed.
- Collaborate with psychiatrists to coordinate the psychiatric care of clients throughout their treatment course.
- Provide first aid.
- Monitor medical and dental health parameters of clients and collaborate with health care providers in the community.
- Maintain the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Maintain medication cart and emergency medication supplies.
- Prepare monthly medication administration supervision reports.
- Assist psychiatrists with communication and coordination with parents/guardians, school, pharmacies and health care providers.
- Consult to clinical staff and guardians regarding medication and health issues.
- Provide cross-coverage nursing responsibilities if needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Monitor and/or provide staff CPR certification and re-certification if needed.
- Provide DCF medication training, renewal, and monthly supervision for medication certified staff if needed.
- Provide in-service education to staff.
***THE VILLAGE IS A PARTICIPATE OF THE NURSE CORPS LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM WHICH SUPPORT NURSES (WORKING A MINIMUM OF 32 HRS) BY PAYING UP TO 85% OF THEIR UNPAID NURSING EDUCATION DEBT!***