We are seeking passionate software engineers who can tackle hard problems in a high-stakes environment. You should be a highly motivated individual who can push a project through to completion, as well as demonstrate excellence in designing clean, robust software.
The Voleon Group is a quantitative hedge fund headquartered in Berkeley, CA. We apply statistical machine learning to get an edge in highly competitive, fast-moving financial markets. We employ world-class engineering and research talent to solve financial prediction problems.
At Voleon software engineers design and build complex, high-performance systems such as:
– real time trading systems
– large scale distributed data processing
– research infrastructure to develop the next generation of machine learning models
– and much more
You will have the opportunity to work closely with machine learning researchers, trading staff, and engineers. You will gain exposure to the full “finance stack,” learning about a broad range of areas including machine learning, the mechanics of institutional trading, market execution dynamics, and more.
What we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- Hands-on experience writing code: You have built something significant, preferably open-source. You understand how to write modular, maintainable, well-organized, and thoughtfully structured code.
- Mastery of Computer Science fundamentals: You possess the skills necessary to design complex systems.
- Modern software practices: You are comfortable using Linux, git, and mainstream databases. You are familiar with cloud infrastructure.
- You are willing to take on a lot of responsibility very quickly. You work hard and you “own” your work passionately.
- You are incredibly good at at least 1 thing.
- Graduating in 2022.