How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Y Head Start Assistant Teacher, you will work collaboratively with classroom teachers, center administration, family advocates and family members to implement curriculum to achieve outcomes for children of all abilities as well as ensure successful operation of the program. You will be a resource to multiple classrooms in order to ensure safety, supervision, and regulatory compliance. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the health, welfare, and safety of the children in the program. You will contribute to the creation of an environment which fosters the social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and creative development of each child in your care. As a Y Head Start Assistant Teacher, you’ll contribute to the Y and to the broader community we serve by working with our littlest participants who are economically disadvantaged and help them prepare for success in school and life.
This work is right for you if you have:
• An interest in the well-being and education of young children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
• Some prior early childhood experience
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
• Your Child Development Associate certification
• Your 90 hour child care certification and 9 hours in communication