TheatreSquared is looking to invite a dynamic Lighting Supervisor to work within our production team. This collaborative team member is a full-time, integral member of TheatreSquared’s staff, implementing the lighting and video designs for productions and events. This position is an area head, reporting to the Director of Production and the Technical Director.
As a key artist and technician helping create shows that allow audience members to think beyond their lived experiences—and as a positive, collaborative member of an inclusive workforce—this new staff member will help TheatreSquared answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change—helping foster a community that is fundamentally more equitable?”
- Implement the lighting and video designs for all T2 productions and events, including:
- Advance communication with the designer
- Budget and gauge feasibility designs
- Managing paperwork
- Ordering material, equipment, and supplies
- Leading and participating in the lighting hang, focus, ringout, and strike
- Work closely with Director of Production, Technical Director, Production Technician, and guest designers
- Maintain electrics and video (including projections and streaming) inventory and systems in good repair
- Schedule and supervise electrician crews
- Professionally represent TheatreSquared to outside personnel including visiting artists, patrons, and rental clients
- Will maintain a safe working environment and execute all work calls under the safety standards set by the Director of Production and Technical Director
- Assist other areas of production as needed and as schedule allows
- Develop familiarity with and monitor building/architectural lighting systems. Work with Building Manager to troubleshoot issues, coordinating as needed with contractors including ETC, Wattstopper, & BEI.
- Act as the technical supervisor for outside rentals and special events; coordinate and lead the setup (including stage, lighting, audio, and video setups)
- Support and uplift TheatreSquared’s mission and vision, as well as show a dedication to the company’s principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism, and access
- Previous experience as a lighting supervisor, master electrician, or equivalent
- An understanding of theatrical lighting design
- Ability to research and learn new skill sets
- Capable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly as a team member and present a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects, maintain organization, and be detail oriented
- Self-motivated, with a mature, positive, and enthusiastic attitude towards the goal of providing the highest quality work possible, in a mutually supportive environment.
- Ability to work at heights from ladders, personnel lifts, and catwalks.
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push, or maneuver up to 50lbs either alone or with assistance.
- While the typical workday will be standard office hours, given the schedule of a theatre company, the position requires the flexibility to work a modified schedule some nights, weekends, and being on call during holiday performances.
- Ability to be on call performance and events days in the event of an emergency.
DESIRABLE SKILL SETS
- Eos Family Programing
- ETC Paradigm
- Blackmagic Systems
- MIDI and OSC control
- Video and Projections
- Qlab (Video/Projections)
- Basic Carpentry
To apply, submit a cover letter, employment resume, and references.
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives
and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note: All interviews at this time will be held via video service (Google, Zoom, etc.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This permanent, full-time, exempt position includes a competitive salary range of $36,000 – $40,000, as well as full benefits including health; dental; paid time off; paid parental leave; professional development allowance; employer-sponsored long-term and short-term disability; $100,000 in employer-sponsored term life insurance; and voluntary 401(k).
ABOUT THEATRESQUARED & NORTHWEST ARKANSAS
Now entering its 15th season, TheatreSquared’s challenging, heartfelt, and intimate productions reach 60,000 patrons each year, including more than 20,000 students and their teachers. T2 fills a crucial niche in the region’s cultural landscape as the only year-round, producing professional theatre within a 150-mile radius, operating on an annual budget of $6 million. The company employs a full-time staff of 35 and additional part-time/seasonal staff of 25 each year. TheatreSquared employs trained artists from across the country to create its 330 annual
performances and is contracted with Actors’ Equity Association. The theatre is also Arkansas’s home for professional playwrights, developing scripts through the Arkansas New Play Festival in Fayetteville and Bentonville and producing new works and world premieres each year. TheatreSquared’s architecturally significant, 50,000-square-foot, two-venue permanent home was completed in 2019. For details on the facility, visit ournextstage.org.
Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas were ranked fourth by US News and World Report in its 2019 “Best Places to Live in the US.” Located in the scenic Ozarks and offering a low cost of living and high quality of life, this vibrant metro area recently surpassed the half-million population mark and is home to the headquarters of Fortune 100 companies including Walmart Stores, J.B. Hunt, Tyson, and peer world-class cultural institutions such as Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.