Somyoung USA / Think Prep is a complete education company established in 2001. We believe in a holistic approach to education and college. We believe that success in schools should directly translate to valuable lifelong skills. We put these beliefs into practice at every consultation meeting, classroom sessions, and tutoring lessons.
We’re seeking a passionate and high energy ELA instructor.
Here is what you’ll do:
- Teaches SAT/SHSAT/HCHS English, creative writing for kids, effective academic writing.
- Works with students to outline an implementation plan for college admission
- Communicates a progress of the implementation plan and shares information with management team
- Develop teacher training program including teaching technique, polices, and class management system.
- Guides other teachers to align, integrate, and apply effective teaching method to achieve student’s’ academic goals/objectives
- Facilitates teacher evaluation
- Works with other teachers to manage and monitor classes
- Complete required administrative tasks ensuring communications, schedules, and customer records are accurately maintained
Here is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree / Sophomore or above in College
- 1 years of combined experiences in the following: delivering successful professional development and/or consulting services in an educational environment; tutoring / teaching and/or curriculum and instruction experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications
- Knowledge of current educational trends, research, and state-specific requirements
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize job responsibilities
- Results-oriented, analytical and serves as a change agent
- Exhibit effective and timely written and oral communication skills
Think Prep / Somyoung USA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.