Tia is the next generation women’s healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Our interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers & data enthusiasts have seen first-hand how women’s needs have been radically underserved and underestimated, and are on a mission to build a new distinctly female care model from the ground up, online and offline.
Tia’s ecosystem of products, tools and services — from the Tia app to the Tia Clinic, a real-world gynecology, primary care, & wellness practice based in NYC — is connected by a unique, human-centered approach to care that focuses on listening and learning all about women and their holistic needs, from anatomy to emotions, from gut health to getting it on. Tia encourages honest and transparent conversations about patients’ health, both with their care team and their community of members, to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence and ease.
Manager: Finance & Business Operations Lead
Role Summary: You will work closely with the Finance & Business Operations Lead & Head of Business Operations in managing Tia’s accounting and finance functions. You will serve as a thought partner in understanding spend across the business. You’ll run the day to day management of our finances- including but not limited to our corporate and clinic budgets and vendor and contractor relationships. You will meet regularly with our accounting team to make sure our financials are accurately reported. You’ll shape the future of our Finance & Business Operations pillars as we scale our business in the next year and serve as the point person for any finance questions across the organization.
This role is a 3 month contract, with the potential to convert to a full-time role with a lot of career growth.
- Ownership mentality
- Ask why. Then why, again
- Act as a pact, not as a lone wolf
- Achieve excellence, with regard to impact over effort
- Be driven to experiment always
- 1-2 years of experience as a finance or accounting analyst or a similar finance / accounting-focused role (investment banking, FP&A, forecast / planning roles)
- Experience with basic accounting and financial practices
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, and are able to juggle multiple projects at once
- A high sense of urgency while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- An independent worker who can run against problems with relatively little direction, knows when and how to escalate effectively if blocked and when to triangulate
- Can effectively source information that may not be publicly available, and are able to triangulate information to get to truth
- Comfortable holding people accountable and herding cats to get projects completed
- Preferably an undergraduate degree in finance, business, accounting, or economics
- Highly proficient in Excel / Google sheets
- Proficiency in financial reporting & invoicing
- Deep understanding of how financial statements link together and ability to recognize abnormal expenditures and balances
- Process management
- Manage finance functions related to Invoices, Bills & Reimbursements
- Ensure that all contractor & vendor invoices are paid on-time and that they’re billing inline with their contracted rates.
- Serve as a resource for onboarding new vendors into the organization
- Achieve excellent processes for reviewing invoices and employee reimbursements in collaboration with our external accountant.
- Maintain and refine process for employee and company expenses and standard reimbursement policy across the organization.
- Manage corporate & clinical budgets
- Ensure that the the Business Operations & Finance team has transparency into corporate spend
- Leverage the Business Operations & Finance team to create a scalable budgeting system that gives each department visibility into their spend again budget
- Serve as a resource for Clinic Managers for day to day spend management
- Ensure that Tia is compliant as related to Taxes, Business registrations, & Insurance
- Serve as a resource for People Operations & Recruiting to make sure Tia is compliant with local state regulations for existing and new employees
- Ensure that Tia has all necessary business licenses & registrations when entering a new market
- Manage and complete timely filing for taxes & serve as an employee resource for all things taxes related
- Own relationships with Tia’s insurance vendors to make sure our business is covered to scale
- Manage Monthly P&L Review
- Hold our external accountant to deadline of delivering monthly Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and P&L reports) in a timely matter
- Support internal responsibilities (e.g., revenue reporting) required for monthly close
- Become the expert on our revenue and spend, develop a deep understand of how we are tracking against projections, through detailed variance analyses
- Work closely with the Business Operations & Finance team to ensure we are making necessary changes to our financials to scale our business
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women’s healthcare, join us!