Torc Robotics is an autonomous vehicle technology firm that has developed a complete self-driving system for consumer automobiles. Located in Blacksburg, VA, Torc is a rapidly expanding company with a passion for commercializing robotic and autonomous technology throughout the automotive, mining and defense markets.
Our goal is a safer commute, a safer work zone, and safer missions. We tackle tough problems head-on. We’re looking for talented, driven people who want to roll up their sleeves and make it happen with us.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Software Engineer with an understanding of autonomous vehicles and expertise in computer vision, LiDAR data, or object tracking.
As Software Engineer on our Perception team, you will develop and test software components and algorithms for autonomous systems. You’ll also be involved in creating systems that detect, classify, segment and predict obstacles in the vehicle’s surrounding environment.
- What you’ll be doing:Develop and test C++ ROS software along the TORC perception pipeline, including object detection, classification, and tracking.
- Required CompetenciesBachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related technical field
- 0-2 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience programming in C++ and ROS (Robot Operating System) and with efficient, clean code
- Experience in robotics and/or self-driving technologies
- What we want to see:Experience working with:
- Computer Vision
- Lidar Processing
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- C++ Libraries
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills
- Python Experience
- Multithreaded software development
- Structured software development, automated testing, and deployment process