Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Quantitative Trading Intern to join one of our trading teams.
Our traders execute lightning-fast algorithmic strategies based on patterns in market behavior in over 100 markets worldwide. As a Quantitative Trading Intern, you’ll draw upon your computer science, mathematical, and analytical abilities to develop complex and nimble code used to grow our business and increase the efficiency of the global financial markets.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following, which will require you to exercise discretion and independent judgment:
- Designing, implementing, and deploying high-frequency trading algorithms
- Working with a dedicated mentor to research and enhance existing trading strategies
- Exploring trading ideas by analyzing market data and market microstructure for patterns
- Creating tools to analyze data for patterns
- Contributing to libraries of analytical computations to support market data analysis and trading
- Developing, augmenting, and calibrating exchange simulators
You are talented, driven, and hungry for a challenge. You believe that there’s no limit to what we can accomplish together in a creative, collaborative setting which pairs passion with brilliance.
Additional requirements include:
- Availability for a 3-4 month, full-time internship in 2021
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD students graduating in May 2022 or earlier
- Majoring in mathematics, statistics, physics, electrical engineering, computer science or related field
- A strong background in C++, Python, or an object-oriented programming language
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- A passion for new technologies and ideas
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well autonomously
- Knowledge of Linux (a plus)
- Experience with machine learning (a plus)
Financial experience is not required.
Tower’s New York offices and garden roofdecks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Daily Seamless lunch allowance
- Company events and learning opportunities especially for interns
- Mentors from top engineering institutions
Tower Research Capital is an equal opportunity employer.