Position Summary/Job Description:
As a member of our Export operations team, the Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will create and manage processes to support our logistics network for US export and global subsidiary operations. The position will work closely with international sales, distribution & local inbound logistics teams as a subject matter expert in global logistics operations. The Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will identify and lead process improvements to decrease costs and increase efficiency throughout Trek’s global network.
- Implement, manage and maintain ocean and air freight US Export booking processes.
- Manage US outbound and other global operations from Trek DCs through delivery.
- Collaborate with International Sales, Customer Service Reps, and Distribution – managing timelines and key metrics to ensure best-in-class outbound operations.
- Serve as the liaison between freight forwarders, couriers, and Trek internal departments.
- Prepare export documentation according to regulation and customer requirements, including Hazardous Material Documents, Shippers Letter of Instructions, Certificates of Origin and AES.
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws and regulatory regimes for the international movement of product. Assess opportunities to reduce errors and risk.
- Monitor and alert logistics team on export regulation changes and best practices.
- Analyze, interpret and implement key performance metrics for logistics partners.
- Prepare and implement standard operating policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives, including leading significant projects on cross functional teams.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics partners.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in international business preferred.
- Knowledge of export and import processes, controls, and documentation.
- Hazardous material certification with IMDG/IATA/DOT and/or experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of JDE/Oracle desired.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Experience on projects with complex scope. Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- Foreign language a plus.