Job Title: Bilingual Therapist (must be fluent in both English and Spanish)
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Hourly Range: We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience
Work Hours: 15+/week
Thursdays 8:00am – 3:30pm
Fridays: 8:00am – 3:30pm
Saturdays 8:00am – 12:30pm
Tuesday’s Child Office Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 3:30pm
Saturday 8:00am – 3:30pm
Reduced summer hours
Accrual of PTO
Childcare for children between the ages of 2-6 during work hours when classroom in session
Revision Date: 10/6/2021
The Bilingual Therapist of Tuesday’s Child works under the supervision of the Executive Director and with the Tuesday’s Child team to manage mental health services, ensure proper policies and procedures are in place that meet professional mental health guidelines and support clients’ needs from a clinical perspective.
Bilingual Therapist of Tuesday’s Child works under the supervision of the Executive Director and with the Tuesday’s Child team to manage mental health services, ensure proper policies and procedures are in place that meet professional mental health guidelines and support clients’ needs from a clinical perspective.
Position Core Competencies
● Articulate (Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills)
● Empathic to the needs to others
● Excellent attention to detail
● Organizational Skills
● Exceptional Time-Management Skills
● Strong sense of professionalism
● Developing Others
● Providing Motivational Support
● Strategic Thinking
● Effective Communication
Essential Job Functions
Programs: Parent Training
● Provide group parent training to 3-4 parent groups a week in Parent Training program based on program demand, including programs conducted in both English and Spanish.
● Provide each family 1-2 thirty (30) minute one-on-one parent consultation sessions in conjunction with organization teaching staff.
● Facilitate a weekly morning clinical staffing meeting with all employees to review clients and advise staff.
● Assist the Program Director in training and managing field-related interns.
● Provide monthly case review to all teachers and clinical staff in the behavior intervention program
● Provide clinical supervision to graduate level interns as needed
Administrative: Data Management & Reporting
● Record each service offered in RClient client management database.
● Provide appropriate documentation to bookkeeper for insurance reimbursement.
● Maintain accurate client records as appropriate.
● The Bilingual Therapist will have one of the following degrees or licenses
- o PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- o LCSW
- o LCPC
● A specialty in Child Psychology, early childhood education, and/or child mental health is a plus.
● Ability to work independently while supporting a team environment
● Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is requested.
● Familiarity with Case Management Databases, particularly RClient, is a plus.
● Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
NOTE: At Tuesday’s Child, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We know that an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our organization and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.