Clinical Nurse Director – Psychiatry – 16081
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Shift: Days
- Work Address: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Nursing Leadership
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
The Clinical Nursing Director assumes accountability and responsibility for translating the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and nursing service into effective action. Responsibility is centralized within six major areas: leadership, clinical practice, professional development, strategic planning, and management of the environment and resource management. The Clinical Nursing Director creates an environment and provides the leadership so that staff can develop and integrate their visions, ideas and passions about nursing practice so that together they can achieve high quality, effective, and efficient patient care.
- Leadership: Manages systems in order to accomplish patient, unit, and departmental and institutional goals
- Clinical Practice Development: Monitors and ensures excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care on unit
- Professional Development: Creates an environment that supports and celebrates the professional growth of the nursing staff
- Strategic planning: Provides leadership in setting the direction of the unit and is responsive to changing internal and external factors
- Management of the environment: Maintains open communication with managers whose departments provide support services to the clinical area in order to ensure appropriate level of service at all times
- Resource Management: Accountable for managing human, fiscal, and other resources needed to support clinical nursing practice and positive patient outcomes
- Master’s Degree Required in Nursing or Health Care related field such as Master’s in Business Administration or Health Policy.
- Current MA Registered Nurse license required.
- Must have demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Managerial or supervisory experience required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with nurses, physicians and administrative colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong commitment to the nursing profession.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.