Please note: The home unit for this position is the Adult Inpatient Surgical Unit – P5N/NIMC, the position is clustered with Adult Surgical Unit – North 4. You may be scheduled to work on the unit you are clustered to off of your home unit.
– Scheduling may consist of both 8 and 12 hour shifts, 36 (flex) hours/week: Rotating shifts with weekend & holiday rotation.
About the Department: Proger 5 North/NIMC is a medical-surgical unit serving the neuroscience patient population, including post-operative neurosurgical and the stroke population, as well as a variety of surgical populations such as: ENT, Trauma, GYN-ONC, GU, and Oral Surgery.
About the Position: The Professional Registered Nurse (RN) possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary for the delivery and management of patient care from admission through discharge.
- The professional registered nurse is knowledgeable of current trends in healthcare including but not limited to advances in technology, pharmacology, treatment care modalities, quality and patient safety.
- The professional registered nurse serves as a patient and family advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative environment among all health care providers.
- The professional registered nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of patient/family centered care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice embedded in research, evidence based practice and/or best practices.
- The professional registered nurse provides clinical excellence, which fosters and supports an environment central to our patient and family centered model of care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Current MA Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS Certification required.
- A minimum of one year of Professional Registered Nurse experience is required
- Ability to provide care for a designated group of patients according to unit guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and protocols.