What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Consumer Industries Cloud: Strategy, Industry Cloud & Partner Management
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Strategy Director will report to the VP, Head of CIC Strategy, Industry Cloud and Partner Management and will actively drive the strategy and roadmap for the unit. In this role the candidate will work closely with leaders within the Consumer Industries Cloud development, product management and industry business units to drive direction and results.
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
• Support definition of the five-year Consumer Industries Cloud strategy, prioritization of the roadmap, and whitespaces for build, buy and partner opportunities. The strategy will be primarily focused on Retail and Consumer Products.
• Responsible for strategic planning, innovation, product portfolio management and the long-term roadmap across the product portfolio in collaboration with key stakeholders of the CIC Business Unit.
• Align the product vision and strategy with the executive leadership team and key stakeholders of the CIC Business Unit
• Support Partner Management in developing a framework for evaluating white spaces and drive overall strategy to fill whitespaces by either own applications, partner applications or strategic investments. Identify partner whitespaces and work with the CI Business unit to drive key priority one partnerships.
• Drive strategic M&A opportunities to fulfill whitespaces and maintain market leadership in Consumer Industries
• Drive key competitive analysis among top competitors to help SAP CIC position its solutions to win in the market.
• Work closely with the Industry Cloud organization to align strategy, key objectives and projects with the S/4 Hana organization
• Work with customers to define key market requirements
• Focus on capturing and owning markets long term because of vital product strategy which drives overall product efforts
• Act as spokesperson representing the product group internally and externally with deep customer, market, and product expertise
• Amplify external messaging to establish SAP as a leader in innovative, user-centric products
• Work with the Product organization on key outside-in requirements for critical Industry Cloud solutions, and enable teams to successfully deliver and sell solutions which customers use
• Finding new ways to generate customer value by innovative approaches and latest technologies
• Grow new viable businesses together with technology, development, and commercialization teams
• Establish an environment for experimentation and innovation with strong customer orientation
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• With your entrepreneurial mindset you think holistically and strategically
• Strong product management skills, strategy background and organizational management skills
• You bring integrity, intrinsic motivation for delivering results and passion for our customers’ success
• Ability to lead without formal authority, working closely with the individual product management and engineering teams considering cultural differences
• Understanding of SAP’s Application Portfolio
• Excellent understanding of Cloud Technologies and Market Trends
• Ability to analyze complex business processes and solutions
• Strategic thinking with a very strong understanding of SAP’s digital transformation challenges and opportunities
• Customer orientation with a strong focus on outcome and business value
• Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to create compelling storylines for executive consumption
• Ability to define product Minimal Marketable Products (functional, industry, region) based on thorough market analysis considering corporate guidance and strategy
• Ability to move product from MMP to strong market player position
• Track record engaging co-innovation customers for product improvement in SMB and large enterprise segment
• Experience of inventing and launching new products
• Executive presence and experience with senior level executive interaction
• Strong ability to balance multiple priorities and work under time pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; additional languages a plus
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administrations, Economics or Information Technology
• 10+ years of experience in software product management and/or product strategy
• 5+ years of experience in a Strategy role a plus
• 5+ years of work experience at SAP, working for another company in your career is a plus
• Strong product management network inside and outside of SAP
• Full SDLC experience of inventing, designing and delivering new software products for SAP
• Successful in working with partners and customers
• Proven track record of successfully orchestrating teams across different organizational boundaries and time zones (e.g. Asia, Europe, US)
• Responsible for rollout of SAP products into larger organizations
• Frequent and confident interaction w/ C-level executives
• Excellent track record in leading very experienced, global and high-profile teams
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:295274 | Work Area: Solution and Product Management | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations:
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Manager, ERP, Engineer, Database, Management, Technology, Engineering, Strategy