The R&D team at Twist is searching for a scientist to help us conceive and develop new products and applications in the NGS space. You will work closely with wet-lab scientists, bioinformaticians, field applications specialists, and commercial functions. As part of the applications team, you will be involved in the early R&D work to conceive and develop novel products or applications that have the potential to disrupt the market. Once the prototype product is demonstrated as viable, you will transfer it to the product development R&D team for commercialization. You will be working at the leading edge of genomics, diagnostics, and personalized medicine, collaborating closely with our largest and most innovative customers as well as key opinion leaders in the field.
- Conceive and develop new products and applications that leverage Twist’s unique capabilities in high-throughput DNA synthesis and apply them to the NGS space
- Create best-in-class solutions that delight our customers and enable them to improve their workflows
- Provide custom solutions and support to key commercial opportunities with large revenue potential
- Enable customer-specific applications such as genotyping-via-sequencing to replace genotyping-via-microarrays
- Transfer successful early product prototypes to the Product Development team for commercial launch
- PhD in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a closely-related field.
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, DNA assembly, enzymatic assays, and PCR/qPCR.
- Strong background in NGS methods, products, and applications.
- Understanding in genetic and genomic sciences and hands-on experience with NGS and various NGS applications (e.g. whole genome sequencing, exome-seq, target enrichment, RNA-seq, single cell sequencing, etc).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. High attention to detail. Ability to identify problems and use a combination of knowledge, intuition, and experience to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- Willing and able to grow with a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Relevant post-doc and/or industrial experience is preferred.
- Experience with more esoteric DNA techniques is a plus.
- Prior experience in a NGS company or research lab and product development experience preferred.
- Bioinformatics and programming skills are highly desired.
- Experience with liquid handling systems and automation tools is highly desired.
Apply on Handshake or directly here:
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.