Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Technology drives our business — it’s our main advantage — and software engineers play a pivotal role.
Software engineers at Two Sigma focus on analysis, experimentation, design, and elegant implementation. They build the scalable tools the organization needs to explore data’s possibilities and act on our findings – to mine the past and attempt to predict the future.
As a Two Sigma engineer, you’ll champion the rigorous, collaborative, scientific approach that allows us to meet business needs. You’ll join a forward-looking, future-reaching organization to build software that will scale with the company. You’ll have opportunities to learn from others and share your expertise.
We attract engineers with a real passion for data. We seek individuals who want to build for today and invent for tomorrow. We value curiosity and insight, balanced with pragmatism and practicality. We recognize both the small steps, as well as the broad vision.
As a student, you will be hired into a general Software Engineering role and matched to a specific team 2-3 months before you start.
Depending on the Engineering area you join, you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Building the underlying infrastructure that virtually every other engineering team at Two Sigma uses, such as our distributed storage and public and private cloud environments.
- Ensuring the reliability of “mission critical” products and systems vital to Two Sigma, such as our main trading system.
- Using a suite of open source and proprietary tools to build the environments that test and deploy our quantitative strategies, also known as models.
- Building and maintaining the low-latency, high-performance infrastructure and systems responsible for executing trades.
- Building and scaling the infrastructure used to ingest data from 10,000+ sources daily.
- Partnering with our Corporate teams to develop tools, systems and products responsible for increasing productivity and efficiency across the organization.
Wondering if this is the right role for you? You should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Experience with Java, C, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, or other languages that target the JVM.
- Experience in large-scale systems.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- An obsession with building quality software.
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology. While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
Two Sigma employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.