The U.S. African Development Foundation’s (USADF) mission is to promote growing economic opportunities through enterprise development that leads to improved household incomes in communities in Africa. In the capacity of a Public Affairs Specialist in the Pathways Recent Graduate Program, the incumbent performs work assignments that assist in the delivery of digital content and evaluate the effectiveness of USADF’s external engagement efforts.
- Assists in maintaining the Foundation’s web and social media presence, creatively developing the calendar, scheduling content posts, conducting market research on best practices and followership.
- Edits digital content based on instructions provided by the supervisor or higher-level specialist to ensure quality, clarity, and consistency.
- Assists with publicity efforts to obtain news media coverage of newsworthy events.
- Uses a practical familiarity of standard print and broadcast media communications to recommend which techniques are most appropriate to the situation.
- Assists in the suggestion of the use of various print and digital media options, and on the use of various types of publicity and delivery methods available.
- Uses a variety of associated software to prepare press information packets and materials such as photo distribution, folders, biographies, brochures, and other publicity materials.
- Provides usage reporting, by tracking metrics for ongoing communications via social media platforms.
- Assists in drafting articles, press releases, talking points, fact sheets and communication plans for internal/external publication.