School Social Worker – (PENDING BOARD APPROVAL)
Unionville High School
Available January 4, 2021
- Master’s of Social Work degree and hold a Pennsylvania Social Worker License. Home and School Visitor certification by Pennsylvania Department of Education preferred but not required.
- Experience in an educational, mental health, or substance abuse program.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interface tactfully but assertively with students and parents, diplomatically with school district personnel, agency staff, and medical professionals.
- Knowledge of current Child Abuse Law
- To follow the standard of member conduct as stated in the PA Code of Professional Practice and Conduct for Educators.
- Must successfully complete and maintain compliance with all federal and state background and criminal record check requirements.
- Candidate must adhere to all local, state, federal, and school code requirements for employment.
- Provide crisis intervention services to secondary school counselors and administrators.
- Consult with elementary school counselors and administrators and participate in crisis intervention when indicated.
- Build rapport with students exhibiting at-risk behavior.
- Counsel students and student groups who are exhibiting at-risk behaviors and work with their families.
- Assist in case management of students via referral services, consultation, transition planning and communication with outside agencies and/or services.
- Provide mental health assessment/ consultation services to staff members i.e.: school counselor, ES/LS, IEP teams, team meetings, and administrators.
- Assess state and local student survey data for planning purposes.
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups and support groups for students in grades 6-12.
- Serve as a liaison for the SD with community agencies, therapists, and treatment facilities.
- Assist in the development of policy and procedures for dealing with students at risk.
- Participate with district-wide committees and groups, i.e.: FOCUS and CTC.
- Provide mediation/ conflict resolutions services for students when requested by administration district-wide
- Provide social work services to special education students as outlined in Related Services section of the students’ IEPs.
Applicants must submit the following documents as part of their on-line application:
Cover letter and resume
Pennsylvania Department of Education Certificate or State License
An unofficial copy of transcripts undergraduate and graduate
Three state-mandated clearances dated within one year
Three letters of recommendation dated within one year
Employee must have clearances from the state and federal government:
Act 114 Federal Criminal History Record
Act 34 Criminal Record Check
Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure – selected candidates
NOTE: A limited number of files can be attached. You may need to group some documents and scan them as a single file. Suggested groupings:
- Letters of recommendation
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.