Job Title: System Engineer Student Intern
Location: US Remote ; Eagan, MN
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Do your best work:
Under direct supervision, a Student Technical Intern is responsible for development, testing, support, maintenance, and implementation of small to medium components of Stealth, an innovative security product that isolates systems so that only authorized users can access network data through micro segmentation. Based on the assigned component and feature, the Student Technical Intern will perform a subset of the following tasks for Stealth.
- Learn existing platform, operating system and open source products/tooling
- Research ways to improve development and testing methodologies
- Participate in the design, coding and testing of software
- Create queries, scripts, and automation to improve testing efficiency and the software build process
- Support the end product once it has been delivered to our customers
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a degree in a Bachelor’s of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Experience working with one or more major programming languages
- Basic C/C++/C# programming skills
- Knowledge in These Areas is a Plus:
- Computer architecture
- Operating systems concepts
- Software test theory