This is a telecommuting position. The applicant does not need to reside in NYC.
Org. Setting and Reporting
This Internship is located in the Umoja Communications Team in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance, United Nations, in New York.
The internship is for a period of two months to six months, depending on the needs of the office. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work up to five days per week (remotely) under the supervision of a staff member within the department or office to which they are assigned.
Under the supervision of the Communications Officer:
- Develop and create visual design deliverables leveraging the Umoja brand identity;
- Design dynamic and engaging visuals for websites, social media platforms, publications, events material and signage, infographics, data visualizations, icons, newsletters, brochures, flyers, report covers and layout, dashboards;
- Assist in posting visual designs and other information to Intranet pages and the Umoja public website
- Knowledge of visual communication, brand identity design, website and graphic design, and ability to develop creative solutions and produce high quality graphic material;
- Knowledge of industry standards in design, production, printing and multimedia processes and procedures as well as typography, layout, photography and color theory;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat; Experience in conceptualizing digital products such as data visualizations, animations and interactive content is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the work of the UN or similar international organization is desirable.
- Familiarity with social media approaches is desirable;
- Experience in web development (Drupal or similar CMS platforms), animation and video editing is desirable;
- Experience working with multilingual products is desirable.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in the areas of ;
- (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
Applicants should preferably be enrolled in a programme (see point a and b) or have graduated (see point c) in the area of graphic design, visual art, instructional design, contents design, communication design or technical writing.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
To apply, please follow this link.