We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Universal Music Group Internship Program is an immersive opportunity designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking for our Summer 2022 intern cohort to join us at our NYC, LA and TN offices.
How you’ll CREATE:
We offer internship opportunities in various departments across our labels and business units including (but not limited to): Marketing, Publicity, Promotions, Artist and Repertoire (A&R), Sales, Production, Creative, Film & TV, Business Development, Advertising, Finance, Licensing, Music Publishing, International and Business & Legal Affairs.
Participating Labels and Business Units include:
- Capitol Records
- Def Jam Recordings
- Island Records
- Republic Records
- Interscope Geffen A&M
- UMG Creative
- Universal Music Publishing Group and more!
Bring your VIBE:
Applicants should be/have:
- Enrolled at an accredited college/university in the U.S
- Junior, senior or graduate-level standing by the start of the program
- Prior internship, campus and/or work experience is a plus
- The ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and clients
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Able to keep information highly confidential
- Exceptional computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. Interns’ departments of interest will be taken into consideration, but are not guaranteed.