Listen to one of Health and Fitness Interns Experiences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKAJN7Pj4c0
Fitness and Healthy Living Internship:
Up Cancer is committed to educating, engaging, and empowering young adult cancer survivors, friends, and family though the 5 stages of cancer survivorship: diagnoses, treatment, remission, terminal, and death. Up Cancer objective is to become the leading young adult cancer survivor organization in the world.
Position: Seeking interns to help create a fitness and nutrition videos to help educate the community about health and fitness. People can reduce there chances of getting cancer life for 40 percent of cancers can be associated with obesity. Up Cancer goal is to teach skills to optimize health without using the gym.
You work from home, and meetings are held Monday nights with other interns across the country via video conferencing. Volunteer Internship are 3-10 hours a week, and flexible with your schedule. When possible we work with your school so you will receive college credit.
Fitness and Healthy Living Responsibilities:
- Research workout information for beginner, intermediate, and advance skill levels that do not involved the gym
- Create fitness and/or nutrition videos
- As a team, create a 12-week workout program for different skill levels
- Lead an online fitness training class
- Help cancer patients and college student to learn health and nutrition.
- Energize and motivate members throughout the community to improve health
- Ensure safety of members regarding heart rate and exercise technique
- Provide options and challenges for specific exercises to accommodate various skill levels
- Develop a work out and stretching routine for people in the hospital
- Develop healthy eating tips and advice for people to learn how to eat on a budget including dietary restrictions
- Create website content
- As an intern, you are helping people to rise above cancer and helping to save lives
- Other duties may be assigned
- Commitment to empowering others through fitness and healthy eating
- You will need a camera to do online live fitness videos
Interns do not pay any fees.
The internship is based on your schedule. Internships are available via semester, academic school year, or during the summer. Our goal is to help you build your resume for the future and gain a rich experience on how to work with a team and make a difference helping young adults dealing with cancer.
Interns will be supervised by CEO though email, phone calls, assign task via Trello.com, team communication flock.co and team work video conferencing