Reports to: Digital Media Team
Start Date/End Date: June 1st, 2021 – August 30th, 2021 (with an opportunity to extend/become employed)
Position Status: Part-Time
Compensation: $8/hour and college credit
Weekly Commitment: 10 hours
About Urban Movement Arts / MoveMakers Philly
Urban Movement Arts (UMA) is a dance and movement studio for adults dedicated to creating experiences that bring out the joy of discovering new ways of being and moving in the world. UMA welcomes adults of all ages and experience levels to explore wellness, dance, and performance.
MoveMakers Philly is a Hip Hop dance school offering in-depth hip hop dance instruction and training for youth. Movemakers students have the distinct opportunity to learn dance vocabulary and techniques from the 70s to present day. Along with dance and cultural education, our programs carry the purpose of cultivating care for excellence and wellness in our students.
The Social Media Intern will provide administrative, project support, and production services to the digital media team. The ideal candidate will be an undergraduate student majoring in communications, graphic design, journalism, media studies, or other related fields of study. They will recognize how to produce and distribute engaging digital content and have an interest in Hip Hop culture and a variety of dance/movement styles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
- Assist in creating social media posts that promote weekly classes, workshops, and events
- Film and photograph content for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, email marketing, and company website/blog
- Assist with designing graphics for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, email marketing, and company website/blog
- Assist with copywriting for social media and blog posts
- Provide community management support through monitoring comments and messages across our social media channels
- Support marketing team at live and online events
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience with major social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube
- Interest in social media trends
- Ability to film/photograph using a DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Ability to edit video/photo/graphic content using Adobe editing software & Canva
- A desire to learn and demonstrated ability to ask questions, follow approval protocols and resourcefulness to research and problem-solve
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse people and communities
- Excellent organizational skills with impeccable follow-up and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate next steps, take initiative, exercise discretion and apply sound judgment
- Must provide a resume and portfolio of digital media work Schedule
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc.)
- Unlimited access to all online and in-person classes throughout the duration of the internship.
- Access to available Studio Space during our standard operating hours.
- Mentorship program catered to your specific interests.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and portfolio and an optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 14th, 2021.
URBAN MOVEMENT ARTS/MOVEMAKERS PHILLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER