We hope that you’ll join us for one of our Nurse Residency Program presentations via Webex happening soon! Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Health Nurse Residency Presentation: Wednesday – Nov. 4th, 2020 at 11:30AM CST.
Join by phone: (415)655-0003 – Access code: 120 004 9524
UW Health Nurse Residency Presentation: Thursday – Nov. 19th, 2020 at 4PM CST.
Join by phone: (415)655-0003 – Access code: 120 426 5071
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an Ambulatory Nurse Resident:
- Join our prestigious 12-month program which is designed to help new graduate nurses move confidently into practice following graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Experience an orientation designed specifically for new to practice nurses which includes mentoring by preceptors and clinical nurse specialists.
- Participate in monthly nurse resident classes with their cohort. You will meet with clinical experts and problem-solve clinical challenges and learn more about resources to support your practice.
- Ambulatory Nursing includes working within an interdisciplinary team during all stages of patient care: wellness, prevention, acute and chronic illness to end-of-life.
- Ambulatory Nursing responsibilities include telephone triage, growing telehealth opportunities, medication administration, treatments, testing, patient/family education and assuring a plan of care for high volumes of patients. A high degree of independence and critical thinking are crucial to the role.
The Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program at UW Health is part of a national initiative developed by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Vizient and is one of 32 Nurse Residency Programs accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in the United States.
Please note: Nurse Resident Applicants can only apply to either the 2021 Ambulatory Program or the 2021 Inpatient Program. Prior to submitting your application, please review the Ambulatory and Inpatient program information and apply to the program that best aligns with your career goals as a Registered Nurse. Candidates will not be considered for both Ambulatory and Inpatient Nurse Residency positions.
Prior to submitting an application, please refer to the detailed information found at https://careers.uwhealth.org/nurse-residency-program/
Please submit the following items:
- Online application with resume and a transcript
- Supplemental application
- Goal statement
The goal statement is an essay that includes the following components:
- What led you to nursing?
- What have you learned in nursing school that you will bring to your nursing practice?
- Why are you interested in the UW Health Nurse Residency Program?
- What do you hope to achieve/accomplish in your first two years as a new nurse?
The Application Deadline has been extended and application materials will be reviewed for admission based on continued program openings. As we process applications for the Winter 2021 Nurse Residency Program on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Work Schedule: 100%FTE, 8-hour Day shifts. Ambulatory Nurse Residents work Monday-Friday clinic hours. Hours are based on the operational needs of the clinic and typically are between 8:00am-5:30pm.
UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Minimum – Baccalaureate accredited degree in nursing within the last six-months. Nursing GPA of 3.0 or above.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Permanent Registered Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin prior to start date.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
UW Health Clinics – our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.