Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an Inpatient Nurse Resident to:
- Join our prestigious 12-month program which is designed to help New Graduate Registered Nurses move confidently into practice following graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Be hired in a wide range of clinical practice areas which include both adult and pediatric patient populations. Clinical practice areas include inpatient (medical, surgical, critical care, psychiatric) emergency department and surgical services including the OR.
- As a New Graduate RN, experience an orientation designed specifically for new to practice nurses which includes mentoring by preceptors and clinical nurse specialists.
- Participate in monthly nurse resident classes with their cohort. You will meet with clinical experts and problem-solve clinical challenges and learn more about resources to support your practice.
The Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program at UW Health is part of a national initiative developed by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Vizient and is one of 32 Nurse Residency Programs accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in the United States.
Please note: Nurse Resident Applicants can only apply to either the 2021 Ambulatory Program or the 2021 Inpatient Program. Prior to submitting your application, please review the Ambulatory and Inpatient program information and apply to the program that best aligns with your career goals as a Registered Nurse. Candidates will not be considered for both Ambulatory and Inpatient Nurse Residency positions.
Prior to submitting an application, please refer to the detailed information found at https://careers.uwhealth.org/nurse-residency-program/
Please submit the following items:
- Online application with resume and a transcript
- Supplemental application
- Goal statement
The goal statement is an essay that includes the following components:
- What led you to nursing?
- What have you learned in nursing school that you will bring to your nursing practice?
- Why are you interested in the UW Health Nurse Residency Program?
- What do you hope to achieve/accomplish in your first two years as a new nurse?
The Application Deadline has been extended and application materials will be reviewed for admission based on continued program openings. As we process applications for the Winter 2021 Nurse Residency Program on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Work Schedule: 90/100% FTE, 8/12-hour shifts, Day/Evening or Day/Night rotation with weekend rotation. Hours could vary to assist with the operational needs of each department.
UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Minimum – Baccalaureate accredited degree in nursing within the last six-months. Nursing GPA of 3.0 or above.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Permanent Registered Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin prior to start date. BLS Certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nation’s leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin—also a Magnet®-designated facility—provides specialized care in a healing environment designed especially for pediatric patients and their families. American Family Children’s Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in seven medical and surgical specialties, with nationally recognized pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields. It is also home to our Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU, which cares for the tiniest patients throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
UW Health at The American Center – on Madison’s east side – is UW Health’s newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you’re sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.