What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy, and the skills and experiences you’ve gained in your MBA program to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Business Excellence organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You’ll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge regarding strategic business problem solving, data analytics and other process improvement methodologies, and strategic change initiatives in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Use your skills in impactful projects and participate in presentations to senior leadership.
- Facilitate the creation of multi-year cost optimization and/or revenue growth strategies.
- Assume key responsibilities in transformational projects across the enterprise.
- Develop hypotheses and frameworks to solve business problems.
- Analyze and assess the impact of various business drivers and provide a fact-based recommendation to the stakeholders.
- Market your skills at the executive level within a world-class telecom and technology company.
- Partner closely with Verizon’s business units to optimize spend through targeted initiatives.
- Develop sophisticated financial models to evaluate transformation initiatives.
- Collaborate with Global Supply Chain to improve procurement processes.
- Support the documentation of Verizon’s end-to-end processes to identify transformation opportunities.
- Drive business process improvements and efficiencies across different functions.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in an MBA program majoring in Strategy, Data Analytics, Consulting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing or a related field, with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Four or more years of work experience in Corporate Strategy, Operations, Data Analytics, Management Consulting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Business Modeling, or a related field.
- Basic experience creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
- Experience structuring an approach to multifaceted problems and providing actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: financial analysis, business modeling, change management or Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience with a management consulting company or in-house consulting Company.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Track record of handling extremely confidential information appropriately.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional workshops.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.