What you’ll be doing…
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. We are building a future using technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
We have a unique ability to develop next generation platforms, influence technology standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of technology innovation with applications such as IoT, connected cars, aerial drone solutions, augmented intelligence and more. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities.
The newly formed Strategy Consulting team with Verizon’s Corporate Strategy organization holds a key role in helping shape this new path. We challenge ourselves to solve top-of mind strategic questions, collaborating with leadership and experts across the organization. We can do so by leveraging the multi-faceted background of our team consisting of former management consultants, financial services professionals, data scientists and technology experts. We are responsible for challenging the status quo, looking beyond the horizon, and making the future real, role-modeling the new Verizon 2.0 way of working that builds on customer centricity, collaboration and innovation to drive positive change.
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Corporate Strategy team that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Corporate Strategy Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Leverage critical thinking & sharp problem solving skills to guide the design & development of data science tools and advanced analytics solutions.
– Collaborate with data engineers and developers across our global technology services teams to build analytics solutions focused on value drivers and stakeholder experience.
– Evaluate digital use cases and new product ideas providing strategic and technology-focused insights to proof-of-concept and/or pilot engagements with technology and business partners.
– Collaborate with internal stakeholders on cross-functional growth initiatives; designing blueprints for new products, ways of working and other disciplines.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other internship roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, Economics, Data Analytics, Statistics, Business or related major with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical, financial acumen, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Creative problem-solving skills in combination with a deep knowledge of SQL and scripting/statistical programming languages (Python, R, etc.).
– Experience with cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) or cloud deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.).
– Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
– Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
– Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.