Hiring Night RNs – Bring your caring and compassion to Verland!
$38.00 – $40.00 hour
PLUS $7500 Sign-on Bonus!
RN’s are responsible for the nursing care of residents under the direction of the Health Services Director and Charge Nurse on duty. This is an hourly, non-exempt position located in our residential homes on Verland’s Sewickley campus. (Ohio Township).
Hiring FT schedule (3) 12-hour Night shifts, 6:00pm – 6:30 am with every other weekend off.
Verland provides care for adults and children with intellectual, medical and /or physical disabilities, 47 homes across Southwestern Pennsylvania. Verland is proud to serve residential and day programs in multiple locations including Allegheny, Beaver, Mercer, Fayette counties. We are a non – profit organization with over 40 years of exceptional service and support to the residents that call Verland home.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administration and documentation of prescribed medications and treatments.
- Assessing the physical status of individuals daily and reporting any unusual behavior or condition to the Charge Nurse.
- Assisting with Physician visits, developing and implementing health care plans for assigned individuals and other duties as required. Knowledge of current nursing trends required.
· $$1000-$1,500 Employee Referral (for successfully* referring someone to employment)
· Up to an extra $2,080 a year in lieu of Health Insurance coverage (see benefits below)
Minimum of 24 hours worked and employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package:
· Health (UPMC), Dental (Delta Dental) and Vision within 30 days
· Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
· Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
· 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Competitive PTO Plan
· 8 Paid Holidays
Verland is truly STATE OF THE HEART!
Verland’s main campus has nine homes, with multiple options for those needing more support, and includes cutting-edge facilities that provide medical, educational, and aquatic and equestrian therapeutic services..
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires all Verland company employees to be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022. New Hires must be fully vaccinated prior to their start of employment.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized Registered Nursing Program and hold a current, valid PA registration
- Valid Driver’s License, successful completion of clearances, physical, and drug screen are required
- Knowledge of nursing trends required
- FT Evening/Night (3) 12 hour shifts including every other weekend.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, driving, bending, stretching, seeing, hearing, pushing, climbing, reaching, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. independently
What does C.A.R.E mean to you? Do the words Compassion, Advocacy, Responsibility, and Empathy come to mind? If any of these words describe you and what you stand for, then you are what we are looking for at Verland. We give you the tools and training to help turn your existing skills into a rewarding career.
At Verland the relationship between our staff and our individuals is really “like family”.
Up to 2 weeks paid training provided by Verland, to educate new hires on daily living skills, social engagement, personal hygiene skills, along with each individual’s support plan/ personal development goals that are essential to improve the daily lives of the individuals that we serve.
** Completion of training is required before starting resident care **
Verland is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V