Health/Wellness/ Delegating Nurse
- Implementation, coordination and supervision of all aspects of a comprehensive Health, Wellness and Clinical Program which addresses the needs of all Assisted Living Residents in accordance with Victory Housing (“VHI”) Policies and Procedures, COMAR 10.07.14 and Board of Nursing Regulations and Standards.
- Responsible for all aspects of Pharmacy and Medication Management. Responsible for the monthly change-over of medication card delivery; accuracy of monthly medication delivery from Order to MAR; training staff on new medications, parameters, orders and special conditions; as well as updating the Emergency Sheet (electronically and hard copy). Critical areas of responsibility are not to be delegated.
- Work closely with all staff as RN on all clinical issues. Proactively intervene whenever a status change is assessed.
- Implement a comprehensive Health and Wellness Program designed to proactively address physical, psychosocial and rehabilitative needs of the residents. Include quality assurance and outcome measures which monitor trends and anticipate potential problem areas.
- Schedule weekly Health and Wellness Check-ups with each resident to monitor all aspects of the resident’s condition and intervene as indicated. Review Medications, Fall Risk, Vital Signs, Weights, Nutritional Status, Skin Assessments and as well as overall Clinical, Psychological and Social Status Changes. Record information on Wellness Assessment Forms, in Progress Notes (weekly) and Community Log (as needed).
- Maintain regular communication with resident, family (in absence of ED) and physician on individual health care issues. When a status change is identified, be the primary liaison with healthcare professional including pharmacy, lab and Hospice etc.
- Actively participate in monthly care planning meetings, Quality Assurance Meetings, Family Clinical Reviews, and Hospice meetings etc.
- Available 24/7 to support clinical needs of the Residents.
- Direct the community programs for infection control, quality assurance, outcomes monitoring and other oversight programs.
- Review all resident charts on a regular basis, checking for content, clarity, completeness and appropriateness of care. Responsible for the quality of all resident charts, including compliance with applicable regulations and the highest standards of nursing practice.
- On day of move-in or within 24 hours, meet with the resident to discuss: Weekly Health and Wellness Check-ups, establish baseline, start clinical chart and review/establish care needs and schedule in coordination with ED/AD/RSD.
- Complete clinical components and follow-up of resident individual service plans with the Executive Director and the caregiving staff. Complete reassessments and service plans for residents as needed. Responsible for completing all assessments as mandated via COMAR Regulations.
- Coordinate services of outside agencies providing health care or other assistance to residents, including home health agencies, physical therapists, hospice, laboratories, durable medical equipment suppliers and other professional services.
- Required Schedule; 10am-4pm, 4 days a week at a minimum.
- Rockville, MD
- Potomac, MD
- Bethesda, MD
- Silver Spring, MD
- Olney, MD
- Hyattsville, MD