UX Designer (Milpitas, California)
View is seeking driven UX Designers to join our IoT Organization. The IoT Organization at View works to develop innovative Smart Building solutions that power the buildings of the future.
As a UX Designer within our IoT organization, the individual will be tasked with creating human centered experiences across our products and services. The individual will work across our engineering teams to coordinate the development of these experiences. This job will require the individual to fully understand our customer experience and translate that understanding to meaningful UX design. We’re particularly interested in designers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow team members and non-experts.
- Take ownership of customer experiences and continually iterate to improve that experience
- Work with Product Owners and engineers to plan, implement, and deliver experience to customers
- Design UX requirements and models using design and prototyping tools
- Gather feedback on experiences and use that feedback to iterate on design
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as nonexperts
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects with other teams
- Less than 5 years of experience in a design field (we do not want subject matter experts)
- The ability to quickly learn and develop skills as new problems are encountered
- Coursework in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or design-related field preferred