About the Role
The Investment Analyst role will be specific to the Healthcare team which a specific focus on medical office, life sciences and other specialty healthcare facility acquisitions and development nationwide. The role will include both Acquisitions and Asset Management duties. As a member of the Investments team, the Analyst has several primary responsibilities:
· Prepare financial analysis of potential commercial real estate acquisitions including the creation of detailed pro-forma financial models for use during acquisition and to measure day-to-day performance against the business plan.
· Conduct market research in target markets, draw conclusions on potential opportunities or risks, and share findings with the Investment teams throughout the ownership life cycle.
· Review and analyze preliminary due diligence investment information received for potential investments including property level financial statements.
· Assist in pre-acquisition due diligence, market research and competition analysis for real estate acquisition opportunities.
· Maintain market studies and competitor analysis during ownership for use in asset management and fund level deliverables and reporting.
· Support the Asset Management team during monthly financial report processing, quarterly valuations, financial analysis and forecasting/modeling.
The full-time position is available immediately. Virtus is an equal opportunity employer.
· General understanding of real estate finance, financial analysis, and basic accounting principles
· Bachelor’s degree in finance / business with strong academic credentials
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong analytical skills and research capabilities
· Diligent work ethic with ability to take initiative and comfortably work in fast-paced environment with simultaneous ongoing projects.
· Keen interest in private equity and institutional-level real estate investing
· Previous experience (internships or full-time employment) in Investment Banking or Private Equity
· Some travel is required immediately with more travel required over time.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Access, iLevel and other database management systems is a plus.
· 0-3 years of experience