At Visikol, our mission is to accelerate the discovery and development of therapeutics through transforming tissues into quantitative data sets that we mine for actionable insights. We do this through leveraging our imaging, image analysis and advanced in vitro services that are based on a suite of proprietary software and cutting-edge research. As a company, we operate as a contract research organization and conduct contract research for the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We are currently looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to join our team that will be responsible for the execution of research projects for our Clients and designing novel drug discovery assays. Specifically, we are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher who will lead complex in vitro assay services as well as developing novel cell based assays. This will be a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our team of Scientists to develop novel drug discovery technologies for use with our pharmaceutical Clients. We are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher and are open to broad backgrounds within the imaging, cell culture and image analysis spaces.
Specifically, we are looking for Researchers that have the following skills and background.
- Great project management skills and the ability to manage several complex research projects simultaneously.
- An ability to troubleshoot complex assays and develop novel solutions for problems.
- Excellent presentations skills and the ability to communicate complex scientific findings with diverse audiences.
- A thorough understanding and demonstrated track record of designing, implementing and reporting on assays to address specific research questions.
- Substantial wet lab experience running and interpreting assay results.
- PhD + 0-2 years of experience
The candidate should have a strong background in several of the below fields.
- Fluorescent microscopy – confocal microscopy a plus.
- Routine mammalian cell culture – 3D cell culture a plus.
- Execution of in vitro assays.
- Experience immunolabeling and optimizing fluorescent labeling.
- Traditional histology – grossing, embedding, sectioning, staining.
- Image analysis experience using ImageJ or other software tools.
- Experimental design and assay development/validation.
Position is located in Hampton, NJ
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time