The Wake Forest School of Medicine and Wake Forest Baptist Health Division of Nursing invite
applications from faculty candidates with a career commitment to research for a position with the
School. PhD in Nursing (or DNSc) preparation is required. Candidates eligible for this position will have demonstrated strong potential for developing a program of funded scientific research, particularly in the areas of aging and population health. Those whose research aligns with other priorities in the school’s strategic plan will also be considered (Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Neuroscience, Diabetes, Regenerative Medicine).
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain an externally funded research
program, advise nursing doctoral students, and mentor students, nursing staff and faculty in research.
– Strong record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
– Evidence of teaching and mentoring excellence as demonstrated by course evaluation summaries.
– Strong methodological and statistical skills.
– Effective interpersonal communication and management skills.
– Demonstrated commitment to working with and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student