WZA Architects, a Fort Lauderdale Florida based multidisciplinary design firm, is seeking a talented Graduate Architect. The candidate will be responsible for architectural design and preparation of construction documents for buildings of various occupancies and specialty structures. The candidate must possess the technical ability to independently work through a project from schematic design through the construction phase with minimal guidance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities include assisting a production team which involves creating a Conceptual Design Package, revising the design as per client feedback and formulate a complete set of Construction Documents.
- Management concepts and workflows and basic knowledge of Structural and MEP Systems.
- The candidate must have the ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree or enrolled Master of Architecture Degree.
- Minimum (1-3) years experience as Intern Architect.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and International / Florida Building Code, NFPA, ADA, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member interacting with architects, owners, contractors, and coworkers.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD required.
- Working knowledge of Revit, etc. required.
- Florida Architecture Registration (RA) license or NCARB registration
- Medical Insurance Allowance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Working Conditions
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.