WZA Architects, a Fort Lauderdale Florida based multidisciplinary design firm, is seeking a talented Architect / Project Manager. The candidate will be responsible for architectural design and preparation of construction documents for buildings of various occupancies and specialty structures. The candidate must possess the technical ability to independently work through a project from schematic design through the construction phase with minimal guidance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities include leading a production team which involves creating a Conceptual Design Package, revising the design as per client feedback and formulate a complete set of Construction Documents.
- At least 3 years of experience in Production environment with experience in Architectural Management concepts and workflows and extensive knowledge of Structural and MEP Systems.
- Knowledge of building process and permit process
- Required experience in Commercial and Institutional Projects.
- Manage deadlines and budget while managing excellence in design.
- Coordinate with team members, contractor, clients, and building officials.
- Perform construction administration function including the review of shop drawings and interpretation of construction documents.
- The candidate must have the ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree or Master of Architecture Degree.
- Minimum (3) years experience as an Architect / Project Manager.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and International / Florida Building Code, NFPA, ADA, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member interacting with architects, owners, contractors, and coworkers.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD required.
- Working knowledge of Revit, etc. a plus.
- Florida Architecture Registration (RA) license or NCARB registration preferred.
- Medical Insurance Allowance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Working Conditions
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.