WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
WarnerMedia is looking for a Summer 2022 Virtual HBOMax Technical Program Manager Intern for the Direct to Consumer department to become part of a team of people ready to create the best in streaming entertainment for our customers. If conditions change this position could change to a hybrid of onsite and remote.
As a Technical Program Manager Intern, you’ll be an integral part of bringing award winning storytelling into a premier streaming experience for HBO Max customers worldwide. In this role you’ll contribute to actual functionality in the HBO Max client, services, and platform. HBO Max interns are part of our team and your passion, insight, and hard work is valued and put to use. You’ll gain real-world experience by collaborating cross-functionally with a variety of teams and roles roles such as Product Management, Experience Design, Quality Assurance, and Engineering teams, who all view delivering value to our customers as a top priority. To be successful, you need have strong negotiation and cross-functional communication skills.
You’ll become a valued member of the Technical Program Management team, where you’ll learn tips and tricks on delivering the best software possible from seasoned team members and mentors.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on capturing requirements and elaboration (starting from just a problem statement), including acceptance criteria
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements that are ready for execution by your Engineering team
- Participate in creating a tactical roadmap development for your assigned technology/subject-matter domain
- Ensuring features are aligned to KPIs and/or contain quality indicators
- Participate in release readiness planning
- Participate in the team’s backlog refinement
- Participate in setting goals with clear expectations and prioritizing activities
- Familiarity with development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
- Excellent written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Energy, passion, and curiosity to learn and actively participate in a team environment
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
- Summer 2022 program will run from June to August; must be available for 10 consecutive weeks during the summer
- Full-time schedule (40 hours/week)
- Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.