The Social Policy Institute is a university-wide initiative at Washington University in St. Louis dedicated to addressing pressing social issues through transdisciplinary empirical research, dissemination of evidence-informed policy, and training. The institute seeks a Project Coordinator to assist in managing project activities, ensuring that projects are executed successfully, helping to shape communications about project work, and supporting research activities, as needed. This position will primarily work on research projects related to the Centene Center for Health Transformation (CCHT). CCHT is an industry-academic partnership dedicated to bringing evidence-based methods and behavioral science into healthcare.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Project Management and Coordination
- Supports the smooth functioning of the research projects by maintaining and monitoring project plans (developed in conjunction with senior team members), detailing project timelines to meet milestones, ensuring project deadlines are met, checking alignment of project work with stated goals and stakeholder views, managing administrative tasks related to engaging partners and navigating research processes like Institutional Review Board applications, tracking project budgets, determining risks and issues in the project that may require changes, and identifying and assisting with new grant opportunities and funding sources, as needed.
Center Administration and Coordination
- Schedules and organizes project team meetings.
- Assists with the coordination of external meetings and events related to the Centene Center.
- Prepares necessary background information and materials for project meetings and events.
- Takes notes from meetings and events, documenting and following up on important actions and decision from the meeting.
- Facilitates meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes or summary documents to participants.
Additional Research Support
- Conducts literature reviews and contribute to the identification of evidence-based best practices to inform policy and program recommendations.
- Assists in data collection, transfer and management, as well as data analysis, as needed.
Please include a cover letter.
Qualitative data analysis processes and software.
Quantitative data analysis processes and software.
Research and program evaluation design and implementation.
Familiarity with research project enrollment and consent processes.
Academic or professional experience related to health and/or financial security.
Ability to work independently, actively seek support and assistance when needed, and advocate for what will help the team achieve goals.
Ability to think critically and creatively from a posture of curiosity.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to collaborate closely with others, contribute to team discussions and analysis sessions, and problem-solve in a supportive, relational way.
Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of study data.
Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of community members, staff, and faculty.
An understanding of and commitment to service, social justice, dignity and worth of the individual, importance and centrality of human relationships, integrity and competence.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification and five years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience.
Scheduled Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary Range: $21.60 – $33.45 / Hourly
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability status, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation. Women, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a Linkedin feature, which allows you to apply by using your Linkedin profile to populate some of the job application fields.