Watermark Lodging Trust is seeking an Acquisitions and Asset Management Analyst in our Chicago office. The Analyst will work with our Asset Management team to evaluate and maximize the performance and related value of our lodging assets. The Analyst will also participate in other activities such as portfolio analysis and reporting. In addition to assisting the Asset and Portfolio Management teams, the Analyst will work with the Acquisitions team and will be involved in all aspects of the acquisition process including, but not limited to, underwriting, due diligence, financing, subsequent closing procedures, refinances, and dispositions. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a highly regarded and professional organization that is entrepreneurial and provides significant opportunities for growth. This unique position allows for involvement in all aspects of the hotel investment life cycle, working with the most complex of assets and a highly skilled team.
Candidates will possess 1 to 3 years of professional experience focused on lodging investments, asset management, brokerage, and/or consulting. Recent graduates will also be considered. A track record of success, integrity, and academic achievement supported by the strong recommendation of industry peers is required, as are:
- Undergraduate degree with preferred course study/curriculum focused in real estate, hospitality, finance, and/or business.
- Fluency in the strategic, operational, financial, and capital investment aspects of asset value creation.
- Best-in-class analytic, modeling, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong natural hotel instincts and working knowledge of property-level financial statements.
- Desire to work in a hands-on, fast paced, start-up style environment.
- Maturity, ability to interact with senior level management, and excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Detail orientation, well-developed organizational and project management skills, and the ability to multitask
- Exceptional entrepreneurial desire for success, high energy personality, and motivation with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.