Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world’s access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo’s fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we’d like to meet you.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in EE, Statistics, CS, Physics program or related field
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or Python
- Proficiency with lab test equipment, i.e. oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers
- Embedded development skills; familiarity with common embedded communication standards (CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, etc).
- Proficiency in numerical analysis and data visualization
It’s preferred if you have:
- Auto industry experience.
- Worked on software simulation in the past.
- Some knowledge of laser and photodetector physics,
- Experience with embedded protocols like SPI and I2C
- Knowledge or coursework in radar
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to corporate shuttles
- Onsite gym
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, you will need apply to each one individually – please apply to the top 3 roles you are interested in. Additionally, we will not be able to start interviewing until October.