April 2020 Update: WebFX is still hiring and conducting interviews over video conferencing!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Train under our world class social media marketing team. Assist a team of social media specialists in research, content creation, campaign development, blog management, contest strategy, account optimization and more.
- You will learn how businesses use major social networks professionally to engage with their customers, build their brand, and promote their products and services. Social platforms you will be working closely with include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and WordPress.
- This is a part-time paid remote internship of at least a 12 month duration for college students in Central Pennsylvania and is an excellent opportunity to begin a career in digital marketing.
- This is a paid internship/consultant position with the opportunity for a lot of hands on experience and portfolio building opportunities. Show us what you’ve got and what special skills you can bring to our team!
- 90-95% Remote
- Pursuing a Bachelors in Marketing, Advertising, PR, Communications, Business or related major. * * Sophomore or Junior standing in College (GPA above 3.4)
- For students: To be eligible must be currently enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours)
- Must be able to work 10 hours per week utilizing own reliable computer and internet connection (position is 90-95% remote)
- Consult with social media specialists on a regular basis to discuss client feedback, create content, and report on social media campaign performance
- Research and create online “buyer personas”
- Create programs that leverage earned, owned and paid media elements
- Develop social media editorial calendars
- Assist in the development of creative/assets for social channels
- Ability to manage content creation workflow independently
- Prior Internship/part-time/summer job experience are a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, HootSuite, Buffer, and Canva a plus
- Basic HTML or image editing experience (Desired)
- Customer service experience in any industry (Desired)
- Demonstrates the ability to get things done
- Insatiable desire to learn
- Excellent time management, oral, and written communication skills requires
- Facebook account with over 100 friends desired (Only used to verify web understanding)
- Twitter account with over 50 followers desired (Only used to verify web understanding)
- Outstanding written communication skills
- “Power” Twitter, Google+, Reddit, HackerNews, etc account (Ex. Defined as 500+ followers)(A bonus)
- $12 per hour
The WebFX Trophy Cabinet:
* Voted #1 Best Place to Work in PA for the fifth year in a row
* Proud 2020 Google Cloud Partner
* Featured on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America
* Recognized by Best Workplaces for Commuters
* Named #1 SEO agency in the world by Clutch in 2018
* Moffitt Mansion on Front St in Harrisburg, PA
* Harrisburg ranked as one of the country’s Top 50 Places to Live: http://bit.ly/1PeH6LJ
* Mansion details: https://www.facebook.com/webfx/photos_stream