Provide supports to students, staff and families in a public school setting. Support the students’ social emotional development and academic progress. Knowledge of research based practices to assist students at the elementary or secondary school level with mental health concerns, behavioral concerns, positive behavioral supports and classroom supports. Provide individual and group counseling/therapy to students. Provide coaching and modeling to facilitate the active involvement of students in their educational setting. Support the student and families with referrals to appropriate community resources and crisis interventions as needed. Provide check-in opportunities to staff, students and parents while communicating a “care team” approach to support the social emotional well-being of all. Ability to collaborate with staff, administrators, service providers and families in the development and implementation of appropriate change strategies and
interventions. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify community resources for students and families and coordinate needed services.
ESSENTIAL & CORE FUNCTIONS:
- Provide Individual and group counseling
- Provide coaching to students and parents (attendance, crisis intervention, etc.)
- Provide check in at clinical team meetings as part of “care team”
- Provides in-home visits as needed
- Case management support with internal & external stakeholders for resources and referrals for students and families