We are seeking talented and creative Junior Designers with 1-3 years of professional experience to join our studio in Charlottesville, VA.
Working collaboratively at all stages of the design process with project teams, highly motivated Designers will work on and contribute to the design and realization of unique and innovative architectural projects at a variety of scales and typologies. We are currently working on challenging and exciting projects around the world that range from small scale housing prototypes to innovative workplace design and multi family mixed use projects to large scale urban design and masterplanning.
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited program required
- Experience and proficiency using Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and digital modeling platforms (Rhino / SketchUp)
- Skilled in physical model building including operational knowledge of 3d printers.
- Strong organizational skills, well developed verbal, written, and visual / graphic communication skills.
- Strong design, analytical and problem solving skills, a passion for discovery and constant improvement.
- Willingness to take on responsibility and grow within a highly collaborative, fast paced design community.
- An interest in sustainable practices and making the world a better place through Design.
All applications must include a completed copy of our employment application, a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and work samples. Please email these in a PDF format with total file not to exceed 10 mb. Only complete application materials will be considered and will be retained for three months.
Please do not send hardcopies or disks. Online portfolio links will not be reviewed. Please also note that we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries. Unfortunately, due to the high number of inquiries we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
William McDonough + Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email all employment inquiries to email@example.com