Business Development Officer/Manager, New Business Services Unit (NBSU)
Inspired by its namesake Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock International’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources. Winrock is a nonprofit organization that implements a portfolio of more than 140 agriculture, environment and social development projects in over 46 countries.
The New Business Program Associate provide administrative, operational, and logistic support to Winrock’s central New Business Support Unit. The position is the focal person for internal reporting; new opportunity sourcing; and coordination and maintenance of business development-related knowledge management content and systems.
Winrock International works on wide ranging projects giving you an opportunity to work with different programmatic areas such as a Natural Resource Management or Clean Energy project one month and a Anti-Trafficking or Education project the next. We are a recognized leader in U.S. and international development, providing solutions to some of the world’s most complex social, agricultural and environmental challenges and foster an environment of learning for its employees. We are looking for a candidate with exceptional project management abilities, attention to detail, and an interest in the field of international development.
While this position may be remote within the United States, you will be required to work on Eastern Time Zone.
- Research, source and disseminate new funding opportunities for potential projects
- Create reports on Winrock’s pipeline of new business opportunities
- Partner with program teams to update monthly pipeline snapshot reports
- Lead ongoing business development related knowledge management activities
- Maintain NBSU’s knowledge management platforms to ensure user-friendly organization and functionality
- Manage Winrock’s library of new business resources, ensuring content is of high quality, accurate, up-to-date, and complete
- Research, analyze, document, and disseminate emerging market intelligence
- Provide business development support to proposal teams including preparing specific proposal content, proposal production, partner mapping, coordination of after action reviews
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: International experience preferred (internship, study abroad).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong and proactive written and verbal communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively independently and with teams
- English language writing and speaking fluency
- Capable of learning new IT systems quickly
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.