Quantitative Trader Intern (Summer 2021) at Wolverine Trading
Are you an inquisitive person? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Wolverine is offering you the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment where you’ll get exposure to our various trading desks. You’ll get to work alongside our traders, who are actively observing the markets, finding opportunities, and managing risk, using state-of-the-art software developed by our talented traders and engineers. Wolverine is seeking intelligent and creative individuals who are looking to make an impact from day one in a highly competitive industry. Don’t know options or markets? No problem. Wolverine provides in-house education and training to all interns.
What You’ll Do
As a summer intern, you will be completely immersed in the exchange listed options trading world. Interns will work closely with junior and senior traders to develop strategies, analyze trading systems, and investigate volatility in the markets, with intention of positively impacting Wolverine profits. You will have the opportunity to use advanced statistics and ML techniques and apply them to the financial markets or develop complex tools to assist trading operations. Wolverine provides classroom education, hands-on training, and mock trading. Wolverine also provides fully furnished apartments that are located close to the office, making your morning commute quick and easy. Additionally, Wolverine will host several social activities throughout the summer to ensure an optimal work-life balance.
What We Look For
- Working toward a degree in financial engineering, computer science, finance, economics, mathematics or any related science discipline and have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022.
- History of academic excellence.
- Demonstrated interest in trading, financial markets, and technology, but experience or knowledge of finance not required.
- Excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- 3-month commitment.
- Experience in a programming language, Python and C# preferred.
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.