The WuXi AppTec Research Service Division (RSD) supports clients in the discovery and development of future therapeutics. Through comprehensive discovery and technology platforms, peer-recognized scientific leadership and expertise in oncology, immunology, infectious disease, neurosciences, fibrosis, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, RSD works collaboratively to rapidly advance programs from target through to preclinical selection and beyond.
RSD’s discovery platform encompasses biology, chemistry, structural biology, biophysics and ADME/PK, in addition to the capabilities of newly acquired HD Biosciences (HDB), and is trusted by over 3,000 international clients, ranging from pharma and biotech to academia and non-profit institutions.
Click here and learn more about RSD https://wuxi-rsd.com/
Location: Shanghai/Tianjin/Wuhan/Nantong/Chengdu, China
- Define chemistry project team objectives, timelines, and work plans
- Design compounds based on SAR, and have them synthesized and evaluated
- Identify and solve synthetic and medicinal chemistry problems to advance the project
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form and discuss regularly with the team, the client and supervisor in regards to status of projects, potential issues and plans
- Interact closely with biology, DMPK scientists both within WuXi and with our partners
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry
- 2-3 years of Pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of synthetic organic/medicinal chemistry, demonstrated expertise in organic synthesis, chromatographic purification methods, and compound characterization using modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, etc.)
- Proven track record of scientific achievement through publications and patents
- Demonstrated leadership with teamwork spirit
- Show a strong sense of responsibility and work ethic
- Able to make reasonable judgment under a pressure and in a complex circumstance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Chinese
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability Click here to get started.