Now Hiring for a Human Resources Generalist to Join the Glacier National Park Lodges Team!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
Glacier National Park sees over 3 million annual visitors and encompasses just over 1 million acres of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Glacier National Park was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild natural places. As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (131 named lakes), 200+ named waterfalls and 26 named glaciers, as well as 1,000 plant species, and hundreds of animal species. Employees can explore the park’s 745 miles of hiking trails, take a bus tour on Going-to-the-Sun Road, or kayak in clear lakes.
About Columbia Falls:
Just West of Glacier National Park lies a collection of small communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. One of the largest towns is Columbia Falls. This lively Montana town is home to many locally owned shops, restaurants, a brewery, and a summer farmers markets! Columbia Falls is the ideal home base for recreating in Glacier National Park, and the 2.4 million acre Flathead National Forest.
- Start Date: October 15, 2023
- Location: Based out of the Administrative Office in Columbia Falls, MT.
- Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round with a 4-week furlough period.
- Pay Rate: $1,992.00 bi-weekly
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week. May require working weekends and holidays during operating season (May through September).
- No Employee Housing Available
- Perks Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
The Human Resources Generalist assists in the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of employees, as well as conduct general orientation and ServSafe food handler classes. Will also implement and support on an ongoing basis of all corporate learning and development initiatives.
- Assist with the creation and posting of requisitions and updating screening and disposition processes through the Applicant Tracking System (iCims).
- Process and review employment applications in iCims.
- Interview, extend offers, and place qualified applicants into seasonal positions at a high volume (in person and over the phone).
- Submit Predictive Index Assessment to applicable candidates.
- Perform reference checks, employment verifications, and background checks.
- Utilize Applicant Tracking System (iCims) to disposition candidates, sending pre-employment paperwork, collecting housing deposits, and following up as needed.
- Process terminations, promotions, new hires, rehires and transfers in GHR/Cloudsuite as needed.
- Facilitate the employee check-in process including greeting employees and assisting with new hire paperwork. Have a working knowledge of the ID Badge machine and uniform distribution.
- Work with Corporate Learning & Development to revise and distribute the Annual Refresher Employee Orientation.
- Work with Corporate Learning & Development to update the employee orientation presentation and department leadership to revise specific slides; to be delivered to employees during onboarding process mid-April through to mid-August.
- Update Yearly Orientation Video.
- Act as Administrator for the tracking employee training for Glacier and Corporate Office in our Learning Management System (L3).
- Serve as park’s subject matter expert on Glacier’s Learning and Development program with support from the Director of HR.
- Revise and send to Corporate, the monthly training calendar.
- Have a thorough working knowledge and hands-on experience using GHR/Cloudsuite (HRIS), KRONOS, and L3 for data entry and recording employee hours for training, as well as training hours for the Interpretive Specialist.
- Work with the Director of HR to revise and streamline the HR Training for Supervisors. Act as a resource for the Director and be able to deliver this training when necessary.
- Attend job fairs when possible.
- Identify proposed dates for NPS Orientations and send to NPS for consideration. Once finalized, work with Location Managers to ensure attendance of employees on confirmed dates.
- Ensure compliance with the NPS Concessions Contract for all training requirements.
- Prepare the monthly NPS report with respect to training that has taken place.
- Work with corporate and Medallia to update presentations and extract employee comments from the Onboarding & Offboarding survey results.
- Create and distribute employee pre-arrival engagement content.
- Coordinate the Employee Campfire Events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and two years related experience in recruiting and learning and development or five year’s related experience in recruiting and learning and development preferred.
- Skilled at online delivery of training through a learning management system.
- Display superior verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven skills to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Experience with employee hiring process and new employee onboarding.
- Skills to manage multiple projects including ServSafe, TIPs training and other training programs aligned with operational units.
- Proficient in MS Office software such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Maintain high quantity and quality performance in a fast-paced, frequently changing, demanding environment.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Montana Driver’s License and comply with the Xanterra Glacier Company Vehicle Policy.
- Experience working with ICIMS and GHR/Cloudsuite (HRIS) preferable.
- Certified in TIPS training preferable.
- Instructor and Proctor status in ServSafe preferable.
- Previous supervisory experience in a hospitality environment preferred.
- Ability to walk moderate distances and climb stairs multiple times throughout shift.
- Ability to perform general office functions.
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain, including icy and snow covered areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.